This weekend was moving weekend. We spent the whole day on Friday combining two apartments into one house. It is definitely something to be excited about, but was a lot of hard work. Then the unpacking began and even more work.
It became quickly evident that we weren't in sync on how to go about this task. I wanted to get the whole thing done relatively quickly. We have a few busy weekends ahead of us and house guests coming in a few weeks. She was not nearly as pressed to get everything done. We were both feeling a bit of stress about all the changes, and she has many more than I to adjust to. When I am stressed working with my hands and getting tasks done helps me stay focused and lets my mind just work through the stress. She wants to just shut down. There have been a lot of little conflicts and differences of opinion which just feeds her mental state.
I've really been feeling the lack of power exchange and knew that had we had it there would have been much more acceptance of things and her mental mood would have been helped some at least. We are still working at things and introducing little rituals and things into our everyday lives that I hope will become part of the foundation for what grounds us into our relationship. I thought about introducing the idea of moving into D/s for the weekend to try to help, but it seemed to me like her mood was off and it wouldn't have been effective. Things came a bit to a head last night and we had a discussion about the weekend and what was going on with our headspaces and the concerns and thoughts we were having because neither of us was where we wanted to be. I brought up the thought of adding it in and she agreed that it would probably not be helpful and could make things worse at this point in time. I knew this was correct, but it still took some effort to not press a bit and try it to at least try it. I knew that if it didn't work it would set us back even farther and would require exponentially more effort to rebuild again, if at all. Sometimes it is better to use restraint rather that just jumping forward with what you want to do.
I'm hopeful that once we get things mostly settled and get into more routine things, we can do some focus on us. Do some good solid kink time and work on adding in more power exchange. At the very least getting out the rope and working on our connection with that some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment